Monday, January 8, 2007

Stranger Than Fiction

Ok, This blog will not only be about new releases in the theater, but also about movies I just get around to seeing. Format will be, imdb info up top my review in the middle and links on bottom. I'll put up links to the movies imdb page as well as to a working torrent (bittorrent). I don't think that would be a problem since I see it being done on other blogs. Screenshots are of the actual copy so you can see if it's good enough for you to download. Feel free to leave any comments, good or bad, I always love a good debate or discussion.

Now onto the post!

Title: Stranger Than Fiction

Genre: Comedy / Drama / Fantasy / Romance

Plot Outline: Karen Effiel is an author writing her latest novel about an isolated man named Harold Crick. What she doesn't know is that her fictionalized character is real. The real Harold Crick is an IRS agent who has lived a dull existence and one day begins to hear Karen's voice as she narrates what she puts on paper to what Harold has and is doing. Because of this Harold enlists the help of a literary professor to find out what is happening and ends up changing things about his life including beginning a relationship with his IRS client, a government-hating bakery owner named Ana Pascal. Harold, however, finds trouble when he hears that Karen plans to kill him.



I've been a fan of Will since 'Old School', I loved that movie so much I went to see it in the theater twice in the same day. Now don't get me wrong, I like his other movies but the comedy was a little too over-the-top for me, then this little movie came along. Will seemed a little uncomfortable with the subdued comedy but I think he did a wonderful job of portraying his intended character. The other actors were entertaining also, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Emma Thompson put in good performances. The only negative comments I have, some of the casting (Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah) and how it doesn't go a bit deeper into the relationship between Will and Maggie. If I had to compare this movie to others I would say it has a similar feel to 'Eternal Sunshine...', both are darkly comedic with a bit of romance and surrealism.



The quality of this release seems like a telesync, video is a bit blurry but definitely watchable.

LINKS: imdb, torrent

No comments: