Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Apocalypto

Title: Apocalypto

Genre: Action / Adventure / Drama / Romance

Plot Outline: Set in the Mayan civilization, when a man's idyllic presence is brutally disrupted by a violent invading force, he is taken on a perilous journey to a world ruled by fear and oppression where a harrowing end awaits him. Through a twist of fate and spurred by the power of his love for his woman and his family he will make a desperate break to return home and to ultimately save his way of life.

Wow! What a great movie. I'm pissed that I didn't go to the theater for this one but oh well. I think Mel Gibson is a fine director, Braveheart is still up there on my all time favorites and who could forget the controversial Passion of the Christ. I love the violence and brutality, these movies would not have had the same effect without it. His movies make me feel like i've travelled back in time, everything feels authentic. This movie is hard to watch not only because of the violence but also the degradation and shame, but again this all adds to the reality. I really don't know what else to say about this one, Go and watch it now!

The quality is dvd-screener, there is a little hiccup on part 2 but its not bad at all.

Links: imdb, torrent


No comments: